Take an exciting Caledonian adventure through the highlands from Edinburgh to Glasgow on this guided vacation in Scotland! Enjoy the moors even more by visiting during the off season, with fewer crowds and lower prices. Begin in Edinburgh to visit the Castle and admire Scotland's Crown Jewels. Visit the home of golf at St. Andrews. Stop in the Victorian mountain resort of Pitlochry and admire its Scottish Baronial architecture, then cross the battle ground at Culloden Moor. Spend the night in the Highland capital of Inverness, and prepare for a day of glorious Scottish scenery on your drive along the shores of Loch Ness. Keep an eye out for the elusive Nessie! Take a spirited tour of Ben Nevis whisky distillery, and admire even more beautifully rugged landscapes from Glen Coe to Oban on the western coast of Scotland. Travel through the serene glens, lush forests, and rushing rivers of The Trossachs-Scotland's first national park. Relish in the lovely views of Loch Lomond. Take a drive through Glasgow to see its 12th-century cathedral, stately university buildings, and elegant Georgian squares built in the heyday of the tobacco barons. Finally, gather with your traveling companions, and raise a glass to this bonnie jaunt of a guided vacation in Scotland.
Call (952) 474-3666 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15037738
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2020
- 6 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Edinburgh||Welcome to Edinburgh! Check into your hotel. The rest of the day is yours to discover the Scottish capital at your own pace. At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Edinburgh||Morning city sightseeing with a Local Guide introduces you to the 200-year-old 'New Town' and the famous scientists, inventors, and novelists who lived there. In the 'Old Town,' visit EDINBURGH CASTLE to admire Scotland's Crown Jewels. The afternoon is free. Tonight, don't miss our optional Scottish evening with Highland dancers, bagpipers, and the Ceremony of the Haggis. (B)|
|Day 3||Inverness||Drive over the elegant Forth Road Bridge and through Fife to St. Andrews, whose Royal and Ancient Golf Club has given us the rules of golfing. Then, head into the Highlands, with a stop in the Victorian mountain resort of Pitlochry. Cross the battlefield of Culloden Moor with its memories of Bonnie Prince Charlie. Overnight at Inverness, the Highland capital. (B)|
|Day 4||Oban||A day of glorious Highland scenery begins with a drive along the shores of Loch Ness, looking out for its mysterious monster. Enjoy a guided tour of a [LF] WHISKY DISTILLERY in Fort William, where you hear about the ancient art of converting barley, water, and yeast into a heart-warming liquor. Visit intensely dramatic and scenic Glen Coe, before arriving at Oban, a lively port town on the western coast and gateway to Scotland's Hebridean islands. (B,D)|
|Day 5||Glasgow||After time in Oban, travel through The Trossachs with its serene glens, lush forests, rushing rivers, and admire the stunning scenery of Scotland's first national park. Enjoy the breathtaking views at the 'Bonnie Banks' of Loch Lomond on your way to Glasgow where an orientation drive takes in the fine 12th-century cathedral, imposing university buildings, and elegant Georgian squares built by wealthy tobacco barons. Tonight, enjoy a farewell dinner at your hotel. (B,D)|
|Day 6||Glasgow||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person in single, double, or triple room occupancy.The single supplement waiver and single room capacity is limited, please call for availability.All Escapes by Globus tours and departures are excluded from the following Globus discounts: Book Early & Save, Welcome Back Credit, Second Tour discount and Small Group discount.Extra nights per person in Edinburgh:in single room from $114 to $152, in twin from $65 to $103, in triple from $61 to $99Extra nights per person in Glasgow: in single room $134, in twin $74, in triple $70
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).